NHDKy Contest Important Information:
All participants should review the NHD contest rule book, NHDKy Judging policy, and the NHDKy cancellation policy before registering for your contest. These can be found under "Contest Rules" or at NHDKy Resources
- Websites will be due two weeks before your designated contest to allow judges time to review them before the contest.
- Include your URL, username, and password at registration.
- Papers are due two weeks before your scheduled contest.
- Preferred submission method: upload your paper as one pdf document to your registration profile.
- Save the paper with the following file format: "Student Name - Contest - Division"
- If you prefer to email your paper, please send a copy to Jennifer Disponette at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students completing documentaries must bring a computer with them to the contest (this can be shared between groups/individuals, but we cannot guarantee access at a contest or that it will be compatible with your chosen format).
Payment will not be accepted at a contest. You may pay online OR mail cash or check by your contest registration deadline (https://history.ky.gov/for-educators/national-history-day/). The fee is $5 per student. Please review the fee and cancellation policy on this site.
Please make checks payable to KHS and mail them to:
100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601